Hi there Everyone! I hope your summer has been excellent so far!
I have been staying busy and enjoying so many moments with friends and family. I love summer and the warmer temps that come along with the season.
I want to start off by congratulating all of the 2018 graduates from all of our local high schools and those graduating from a university! I personally had the pleasure of attending the Tamaqua High School graduation this year to support my amazing niece, as she walked with her class and I found it, oh so inspiring. And thus, I'll share.
The guest speaker this year was Dr Kathryn Kropp from Companion Vet Hospital in Tamaqua. Her message was beautiful, heart-felt and so very important for not only our graduates, but everyone. Her message was simple, be kind and stay humble. <--- YES! THIS! SO MUCH THIS!
Her main points were as follows:
1. No matter what you're going through or what life throws at you, stay humble and be kind.
2. Always remember who was there to help you get through the tough times and forget the people who tried to keep you down or hold you back. (Seriously, F anyone that tries to put you down or hold you back in any way. You don’t need their shit.)
3. Keep moving in a positive direction no matter what setbacks or obstacles you encounter, good or bad. Real talk. We all go through tough times, its part of life. You CAN NOT focus on the negatives all of the time; focus on the positives and screw the rest.
4. When things start going right for you and you are achieving your dreams, stay humble and kind. Don’t be a dick and rub your successes in other people’s faces. Humble brags are the worst. Instead, find someone that needs help with something that you are good at and HELP them achieve their goals! That would be so kind of you.
5. Never expect a free ride. Nothing is free. Pay your own way. Repay your debts. Take care of yourself and others.
It's a simple, yet powerful message; one that I am striving for daily. Imagine how much nicer it would be to go to work or the grocery store or (insert a place you hate to go!) if everyone you encountered was humble and kind. The world would be a much lovelier place to live if this were true.
June 21st was Summer Solstice and International Yoga Day! Woohoo!
Enjoy this video in celebration of that!
I hope that the remainder of your June is excellent. I hope you have a happy and safe summer.
REMINDER! There is no yoga on:
Monday July 2nd
Monday July 16th
Welcome to my blog! Beware! I like to use vulgar language and sarcasm. They are like oxygen to me. You’ve been warned.